- Carrots (about 4 medium sized)
- Almond oil
- White balsalmic vinegar (or a mix of two parts red wine vinegar to one part balsamic vinegar)
- Coarse salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- Pine nuts
- Julliene the carrots (or grate them if julienning is not feasible).
- Coat with about 1-2 tablespoons of almond oil.
- Sprinkle generously with vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Add a hefty serving of pine nuts.
Variation: Carrot salad wrapped in greens
Place a little bit of salad on a green leaf and wrap it up, tying it with a chive. They make about 2-bite hors d'œuvres that are light, healthy, and surprisingly filling. If you can get a-hold of the young mustard greens, they add a fantastic spiciness to it that can't be matched.