Cookbook:Carrot Paprika Spread
From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
|Carrot Paprika Spread|
A spread consisting of two base ingredients, tofu and oat flakes.
- oat flakes (or raw spelt flour) (250g)
- tofu (250g)
- 1 (or more) carrot(s)
- 1 (or more) paprika(s) (may substitute with red bell peppers, sweet peppers)
- 1 (or more) onion(s)
- rapeseed oil or other vegetable oil
- soy sauce
- soy lecithin powder
- Take equal amounts of oat flakes and tofu and mix the two ingredients and some water for the base substance. The recommended amount is about 250g of both. You might want to add lecithin powder as an emulsifier.
- Mash (at least) one carrot, one paprika and one onion. If you prefer larger pieces you can also cut some of it instead.
- Add a spoon of margarine and/or a spoon of rapeseed oil, or any other vegetable oil.
- Add mustard, catsup, garlic and pepper to taste.