Cookbook:Imitation Caramel Sauce (vegan)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
(Redirected from Cookbook:Caramel Sauce (vegan))
|Imitation Caramel Sauce (vegan)|
|Category||Dessert sauce recipes|
|Yield||1 ½ cups|
This recipe makes a vegan approximation of a caramel sauce without caramelizing sugar.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 2 cups (480 g) granulated sugar
- ¾ cup soy milk, rice milk, or other non-dairy milk of choice
- ¾ cup turbinado sugar
- ⅓ cup maple syrup or brown rice syrup
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1 Tbsp arrowroot starch
- 2 Tbsp vegan margarine
- 1 tsp vanilla
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- In a small saucepan, combine the soy milk, turbinado sugar, and maple syrup. Whisk well to combine.
- Cook over medium heat, while whisking occasionally, for 3 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the water and arrowroot, and then whisk this mixture into the saucepan.
- Cook the mixture, while whisking constantly, an additional 2–3 minutes or until it thickens.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and whisk in the remaining ingredients.
- Serve, or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator and reheat as needed.