Cookbook:Bubble and Squeak
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Bubble and Squeak|
|Category||Side dish recipes|
Bubble and squeak is a traditional English vegetable dish made from the leftover vegetables from a Sunday roast. The name is derived from the sound the dish makes while cooking.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 1 medium onion (optional), chopped
- 1 tablespoon fat or oil
- Various cooked vegetables (e.g. potatoes, cabbage, carrots, peas, and/or Brussels sprouts)
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Fry the chopped onion in fat or oil.
- Chop the vegetables, and add to the pan.
- Cook over a medium heat till the underside is golden brown and crispy, then turn it, scraping the crispy bits into the mix. Repeat the turning and scraping a few times until browned and cooked through.
- Serve hot (often on crunchy toast).