Cookbook:Brown Rice Casserole
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Brown Rice Casserole|
|Time||½ hour, plus a few minutes prep|
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 8 ounces cubed processed cheese
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushrooms
- 1 can (15 ounces) sweet peas
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- cooking spray
- ½ cup slivered almonds
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine cheese, mushrooms, peas, and rice in large bowl.
- Coat 1½ quart baking pan with cooking spray.
- Move mixed ingredients to baking dish.
- Cover and bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle almonds on top
- Bake 5 minutes more.
Notes, tips, and variations[edit | edit source]
- Instant brown rice will work fine.
- Mushroom "stems and pieces" are okay.