Jump to navigation Jump to search
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 5 small sausage links, cooked and finely chopped
- 4 standard eggs, beaten
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp freshly-ground black pepper
- 2 cups finely-crumbled cornbread
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 8 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- ½ cup dry breadcrumbs
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Combine sausage and bacon. In another bowl, combine ricotta, eggs, butter, salt, pepper, and cornbread.
- In a greased large roasting pan, place just enough cornbread mixture to cover the bottom. Add just enough meat mixture to cover that layer, and repeat the layering until all mixtures have been used.
- Combine Monterey Jack and breadcrumbs. Sprinkle evenly over layers and bake at 375°F (190°C) for 30–35 minutes or until browned and bubbly on top.
- Serve warm.