Cookbook:Bohrani (Spiced Yogurt Drink)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Borhani are yoghurt-based drinks popular in Bangladesh. It's traditionally served in wedding ceremonies around the country.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 500 mL (2 cups) full-fat yoghurt
- 1 c (200 mL) cold water
- 3 ts cumin, roasted and ground
- ½ ts fresh green chili peppers
- ½ ts mint
- ½ ts coriander
- ¾ ts white mustard seeds
- ¾ ts ground white pepper
- ½ ts ground black pepper
- 3 ts sugar
- ½ ts rock salt
- ½ ts salt
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Dry-roast cumin seeds by cooking them over low heat in small pan until you can smell the seasoning, about 2 minutes. Cool and grind.
- Beat yoghurt with water until it becomes smooth. Strain green chili, mint leaf and coriander pastes with some water blend into the yoghurt. Combine all other ingredients and mix well. This makes about 6 servings which should be served cold.