Cookbook:Black-Eyed Peas and Kale
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Black-Eyed Peas and Kale|
|Category||Side dish recipes|
Black-Eyed Peas and Kale is a tasty side dish suitable for vegans.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 15-oz. can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 15-oz. can black-eyed peas, drained
- ¼-½ tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 10-oz. package frozen kale, thawed
- salt and pepper to taste
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Sauté the onion and garlic in the oil over medium heat for several minutes. Add tomatoes and their juice, peas, cayenne and bay leaf. Simmer, covered, for 15 minutes.
- Add kale and simmer uncovered until kale is tender but still green, 5-10 minutes. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional information[edit | edit source]
Per serving: 210 calories; 10 g protein; 4 g fat; 34 g carbohydrate; 0 mg cholesterol