Cookbook:Black-Eyed Peas and Kale
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Black-Eyed Peas and Kale|
|Category||Side dish recipes|
Black-eyed peas and kale is a tasty side dish suitable for vegans.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (15 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (15 oz) black-eyed peas, drained
- ¼–½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 package (10 oz) frozen kale, thawed
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Sauté the onion and garlic in the oil over medium heat for several minutes.
- Add tomatoes and their juice, peas, cayenne and bay leaf. Simmer, covered, for 15 minutes.
- Add kale and simmer uncovered until kale is tender but still green (5–10 minutes). Season to taste with salt and freshly-ground black pepper.
Nutritional information[edit | edit source]
Per serving: 210 calories; 10 g protein; 4 g fat; 34 g carbohydrate; 0 mg cholesterol