Cookbook:Beef Tenderloin Steak
From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
- 2 teaspoons cracked black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 beef tenderloin steaks (1 inch (2.5 cm) thick)
- non-stick cooking spray
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion, separated into rings
- 2/3 cup dry red wine
- 2 tablespoons steak sauce
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a small bowl; rub both sides of beef with pepper mixture.
- Place beef on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray; broil 5 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Set aside; keep warm.
- Place a medium nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add onion to skillet; cover and cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove onion from skillet; set aside, and keep warm.
- Add wine to skillet, scraping pan to loosen the browned bits.
- Cook over medium-high heat until reduced to 1/3 cup (about 1 minute), and stir in steak sauce.
- Spoon wine sauce over steaks, and top with onion. Serve with French fries