Cookbook:Beef Stroganoff in 20 Minutes
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes
|Beef Stroganoff in 20 Minutes|
|Serving Size:||1 serving (440 g)|
|Servings Per Recipe:||4|
|Amount per serving|
|Calories from fat||205|
|Total Fat||22.8 g|
|Saturated Fat||9.4 g|
|Total Carbohydrates||44.2 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4.9 g|
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 8 oz (230 g) wide egg noodles (figures are for yolk-free noodles)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 package (8 oz/230 g) sliced mushrooms
- 1 large (1 cup/150 g/5.3 oz) coarsely-chopped onion
- 1 package (17 oz/480 g) prepared beef tips with gravy
- ¼ cup (60 ml/2.0 US fl oz) skim milk
- 1 can (10.75 oz/305 g) condensed cream of mushroom soup (figures are for fat-free)
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- ¼ teaspoon (or more to taste) mild or hot paprika
- ½ cup (250 ml/8.5 US fl oz) sour cream (figures are for reduced-fat)
- ¼ cup (125 g/4.4 oz) finely-chopped fresh parsley
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Prepare noodles according to package directions and drain.
- As the noodles are boiling, warm oil in very deep skillet or Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms and onions and cook until onion is soft, about 3 minutes.
- Add beef tips, milk, and mushroom soup.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and stir well.
- Reduce heat to simmer and stir in garlic, paprika, and sour cream.
- Simmer lightly, without letting it boil (that will curdle it).
- When noodles are finished and drained, serve with noodles on serving plate or individual plates, with sauce over it.
- Garnish with parsley.
Notes, tips, and variations[edit | edit source]
- Prepared beef tips with gravy can be found in the a supermarket's refrigerated meat case.