Jump to navigation Jump to search
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 1 can red kidney beans, drained
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 2 cans crushed tomatoes
- 1 small can of tomato paste
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tbsp. olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. thyme, basil, oregano, or other spice
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Heat oil over medium-high heat in a large pan.
- Add garlic and onion and cook until the onion is translucent (more clear than white).
- Add peppers and saute for a few minutes. Add crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, and spices.
- When mixture is bubbling, reduce heat to simmer and add beans. Cover and simmer for at least 1 hour, stirring occasionally. The longer it simmers, the better it tastes.