Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Mashed beans (white beans or kidney beans)
- Mix about the same amount of mashed beans and semolina.
- Add water and stir until you get a viscous substance. You can add spices to the substance but most spices go into the breading mix, which is where you want them to be.
- Cut onions into pieces and fry them with some oil, add maize and paprika to taste when the onions turn glassy.
- Mix the breading mix with salt, pepper and spices of your choice on a plate. Keep some of the breading mix to sprinkle it on the patties.
- Spread the substance on the breading mix in the form of burger patties.
- Sprinkle the remaining breading mix on the patties.
- Push the patties carefully on a spatula and fry them in a hot, oiled pan. If you use too much oil the patties will be soaked in fat, if you use too little the breading mix will not be fried. It's probably best to add a little bit of oil and then shuffle the patties around in the pan. The patties very quickly become robust enough so you can easily pick them up and turn them with a spatula to see if the other side had enough oil.
- You may want to
- shake off loose breading mix over the plate, so as not to put loose breading mix into the pan.
- topple the patties into the pan.
- flatten the patties a bit with the spatula, so the breading mix on the underside touches the oiled pan everywhere.