Jump to navigation Jump to search
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 2 each chicken thighs, legs, and breasts
Brine[edit | edit source]
- 1 cup salt
- 1 quart water
- ½ cup dark brown sugar
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp finely grated lemon zest
- 1 quart salt-free chicken broth
Sauce[edit | edit source]
Rub[edit | edit source]
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 2 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 ½ tsp dried rosemary
- 1 ½ tsp dried thyme
- 1 ½ tbsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tbsp coarsely ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp dark brown sugar
Directions[edit | edit source]
- Combine all brine ingredients in a 2-gallon zip-top bag. Insert chicken and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Combine sauce ingredients and bring to a boil over medium high heat until reduced by half.
- Quickly swab the grill with an oiled towel tied with twine to lube.
- Combine Rub ingredients and massage all over chicken. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Grill chicken over a preheated charcoal grill, turning often, for 10 minutes. Cook, turning often and brushing with sauce when turned, until internal temperature reaches 165°F in the breast and 170°F for the dark meat.
- Cover with foil and let rest 7 minutes. Meanwhile, boil remaining sauce for 5 minutes and place in a squirt bottle. Serve chicken with sauce on the side.