Cookbook:Baked Tilapia with White Wine
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Baked Tilapia with White Wine|
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 2 fresh whole tilapia, approximately 8–10 oz each, gutted and descaled
- ¼ pint medium white wine
- 1–2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons freshly-chopped mixed herbs
- 6 salad onions, diagonally sliced
- Freshly-ground black pepper
- ½ oz butter
- 1 teaspoon corn flour, blended with a little cold water
- 2 tablespoons creme fraiche
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Arrange the tilapia side-by-side in a lightly oiled roasting tin or ovenproof dish.
- Pour the wine over the fish, then sprinkle over the chopped garlic, most of the herbs, the salad onions, and seasoning to taste. Place half the butter on each fish.
- Cover with a sheet of lightly oiled foil to seal in the fish, then bake in a preheated 350°F oven, for 30–35 minutes.
- Transfer the tilapia to a serving dish and keep warm. Pour the juices into a pan, stir in the blended corn flour, and simmer for 2 minutes. Stir in the creme fraiche.
- Pour the sauce over the fish, and serve immediately, sprinkled with the remaining herbs.