Cookbook:Pork Braised with Garlic and Onions of Indonesia (Babi Kecap)
From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
(Redirected from Cookbook:Babi Kecap)
This traditional dish will serve 6 persons.
- 1 kg pork
- 5 large white onions
- 5 cloves garlic
- 4 tsp soy sauce
- black pepper
- chili pepper (optional)
- Cut the onions and cloves of garlic.
- Cut the meat into 1 inch (2.5 cm) cubes.
- Add the onions, garlic and ginger into a pan and cook at around 200c.
- Add the pork and mix with the soy sauce and black pepper (and chili pepper if desired).
- After about 3 or 4 minutes reduce the heat to around 120c and cook, covered, for one hour.
- Serve with nice tasting rice.