Cookbook:Ayam Goreng Mentega
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Ayam Goreng Mentega (Fried Chicken in Sweet Butter Sauce)
Serves 5-6 people with rice:
- 1 medium-sized chicken, cut into small pieces (12 - 16 pieces)
- 2 cup frying oil
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 2 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp of butter
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp regular soy sauce (tamari)
- 2 tbsp Chinese cooking wine
- 8 tbsp Indonesian sweet soy sauce (kecap manis)
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- Slices of 2 limes
- Marinate chicken in salt and lemon juice for 15-20 minutes.
- Heat up oil, and fry chicken until it is golden, then set aside to drain.
- Sauté the garlic and onion for a minute or two, then add the remaining sauce ingredients.
- Stir fry for a minute and then add chicken pieces.