Cookbook:Asian Chicken Salad
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Asian Chicken Salad|
This chicken salad is inspired by east and southeast Asian-associated flavors of soy, ginger, sesame, and mango.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 1½ cups broccoli flowerets
- ½ cup pea pods
- 6 cups torn mixed greens
- 2 cups thinly sliced Nappa cabbage
- ½ cup julienne-cut carrots
- 1 package (6 oz.) grilled chicken breast cut in strips
- ¾ cups salad dressing (teriyaki ginger, Asian sesame with ginger, or balsamic vinaigrette)
- 1 mango, peeled, seeded, and thinly sliced (optional)
- Sesame crackers (optional)
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- In large saucepan quickly plunge broccoli and pea pods into boiling water for 30 seconds. Drain vegetables. Quickly rinse with cold water. Drain well.
- In large bowl toss together the blanched broccoli and pea pods, greens, cabbage and carrots.
- Add chicken.
- Drizzle with salad dressing. Toss to coat.
- Arrange on 4 serving plates.
- Top with mango, if desired.
- Serve with crackers.