Cookbook:Apple with Mustard and Goat Cheese
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Apple with Mustard and Goat Cheese
|6 to 8 slices
Apple with Mustard and Goat Cheese is an eclectic yet easy-to-make appetizer. The unusual flavors and ingredient combinations makes this an excellent way to start a dinner party.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Wash the apples and cut across (i.e. not from top to bottom) into slices ¼ inch thick. Preferably the apples should come from the refrigerator as the cold temperature will add to the contrast.
- Spread one side of the apple slices with yellow mustard.
- Crumble the goat cheese onto each slice.
- Serve immediately as is.
Notes, tips, and variations[edit | edit source]
- Golden delicious apples are preferable, but any sweet, crisp apple will do.
- Add honey-roasted nuts of some kind along with the goat cheese for an interesting combination.
- For a professional look, lay each slice of apple on lettuce or another type of garnish.