Cookbook:Anzac Biscuits II
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Anzac Biscuits II|
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 1 cup plain flour, sifted
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup butter
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2 tbsp boiling water
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Combine the flour (sifted), oats, coconut and sugar in a bowl.
- Melt the butter and golden syrup in a saucepan over a low heat.
- Mix the bicarbonate of soda with the water, and add to the butter and golden syrup.
- Pour the liquids into the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Spoon dollops of mixture about the size of a walnut shell onto a greased baking sheet, leaving as much space again between dollops to allow for spreading.
- Bake in a moderate oven (180°C / 350°F) for 15–20 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack and seal in airtight containers.
Notes, tips, and variations[edit | edit source]
- The American tablespoon is a little smaller than the British/Australian tablespoon, so be generous with your golden syrup and water.