Cookbook:Oatmeal Cookies II
Jump to navigation Jump to search
(Redirected from Cookbook:Anarchist Oatmeal Cookies)
|Oatmeal Cookies II|
This recipe originates with the New York chapter of Food Not Bombs. These delicious cookies are very simple to make, and they require no unusual ingredients.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- ¾ cup (160 g) vegetable oil
- 1½ cup (300 g) brown sugar
- ⅓ cup (80 ml) water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups (275 g) rolled oats
- 1 cup (145 g) white flour
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Put the oil, sugar, water, and vanilla together in a bowl. Mix well.
- Add the oats, flour, salt, and baking soda.
- Place on a greased baking sheet in lumps about 1 inch across and about 3 inches apart.
- Bake at 191 °C (375 °F) for 10–12 minutes, and serve when the cookies have begun to brown.
Notes, tips, and variations[edit | edit source]
- You can add additions such as ½ cup nuts, dried fruits and/or chocolate chips. Be aware that mix will be looser with additional dry ingredients.
- Leftover dough can be spread in a thin layer on a cookie sheet and baked, turning every 4–5 minutes, to make a tasty and crunchy granola.
- This recipe can very easily be cut in half or doubled.