Cookbook:Anarchist Oatmeal Cookies
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This recipe originates with the New York chapter of Food Not Bombs. These delicious cookies are very simple to make, and they require no unusual ingredients.
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- 1½ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup white flour
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- Put the oil, sugar, water, and vanilla together in a bowl.
- Mix well.
- Add the oats, flour, salt, and baking soda.
- Place on a greased baking sheet in lumps about 1 inch across and about 3 inches apart.
- Bake at 191 °C (375 °F) for 10 to 12 minutes, and serve if the cookies have begun to brown.
Notes, Tips, and Variations
- You can add additions such as 1/2 cup nuts, dried fruits and/or chocolate chips. Be aware that mix will be looser with additional dry ingredients.
- Leftover dough can be spread in a thin layer on a cookie sheet and baked, turning every 4 or 5 minutes, to make a tasty and crunchy granola.
- This recipe can very easily be cut in half or doubled.