Cookbook:Adult Macaroni and Cheese
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Adult Macaroni and Cheese|
|Serving Size:||1/4 of recipe (375 g)|
|Servings Per Recipe:||4|
|Amount per serving|
|Calories from fat||722|
|Total Fat||80.2 g|
|Saturated Fat||52.1 g|
|Total Carbohydrates||51.2 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2.5 g|
This dish was developed as a macaroni and cheese dish for adults. Instead of cheddar, this recipe uses Fontina, mascarpone, Gruyere, cream cheese, and Swiss.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- ½ pound (227 g) elbow macaroni
- 6 ounces (170 g) heavy cream
- ½ tsp (2.5 ml) kosher salt, plus more for the water
- ½ cup (60 g / 2.1 oz) grated Fontina
- ½ cup (60 g / 2.1 oz) grated Gruyere
- ½ cup (150 g / 5.3 oz) mascarpone cheese
- ½ cup (150 g / 5.3 oz) cream cheese
- 4 thin slices Swiss cheese, julienned
- 1¼ sticks (150 g / 5.3 oz) unsalted butter, divided
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml) tabasco sauce
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- In a gallon (~3.8 L) of salted boiling water, cook macaroni to al dente. Strain into a colander and rinse with cold water.
- While pasta is cooking, in a heavy saucepan, melt 2 tbsp butter over medium heat. Once bubbling ceases, whisk in flour and cook, whisking continuously, until blonde.
- Add remaining ingredients except butter. Once cheese is melted and sauce is smooth, add 1 tbsp butter, whisking continuously until melted. Repeat until all butter has been used.
- Gently fold in macaroni and serve warm.