Books in this subject area deal with algebra: the study of structures and relationships that arise between numbers and the operations on them. In addition to working directly with numbers, algebra also studies symbols, variables, or generally elements on a set in relation to operations such as addition and multiplication. Addition and multiplication and the other operations on numbers are sometimes viewed as more general operations, and their precise definitions lead to structures such as groups, rings, and fields.
The following 16 related categories may be of interest, out of 16 total.
- ► Book:Basic Algebra (86 pages)
- ► Book:Intermediate Algebra (13 pages)
- ► Book:Operator Algebrae (2 pages)
- ► Book:Ring Theory (8 pages)
- ► Book:Topics in Abstract Algebra (1 cat, 6 pages)
- ► Book:Vectors (4 pages)
|More recent additions||More recent modifications|
The following 16 pages are in this category, out of 16 total.