Blender 3D: Noob to Pro/Tutorial Links List
This page includes a categorized list of Blender tutorials written or spoken in English. This is by no means a comprehensive list of tutorials, so adding links is encouraged. For tutorials that are not in English, please refer to the About page.
If you would like to learn about editing pages, you can find information in the Introduction to Wikipedia.
General Blender Information
- Blender Documentation - Includes information on Blender functionality, developing for Blender, and creating Addons.
- To Those Learning 3D - Recommendations for people first diving into Blender.
Blender Tutorial Websites
This section includes links to websites that host multiple tutorials or provide links to other Blender tutorials. This section does not contain links to individual tutorials.
- BlenderGuru - Run by Andrew Price, BlenderGuru includes free tutorials as well as full training courses.
- Blender Cookie - Part of the CG Cookie Network. Includes many free tutorials. Other tutorials and full courses are available to members with a subscription.
- BlenderDiplom - Free tutorials mostly focused on visual effects, but includes other topics as well.
- Blender Tutor - Includes a series for Blender beginners as well as tutorials for more advanced users
- BlenderArt Magazine - Blender magazine that includes tutorials in each issue.
- Blenderpedia - Free video tutorials, mostly about creating scenes and environments.
- 3D Total Blender Tutorials - Includes many tutorials about various topics in Blender.
- BlenderCourse - 120 page Blender E-Book created for Blender 2.63
- Tutorials For Blender3d - Many Blender Game Engine tutorials for Blender 2.6
- Blender Tutorials Vimeo Group - This group the collects video tutorials posted on Vimeo.
- Super3boy's Blender Tutorials - Video tutorials dealing with the basics of different aspects of Blender.
- Greybeard's Blender Video Tutorials - Downloadable video tutorials that go over many topics.
These sites include links to Blender tutorials on other sites
- BlenderNation Tutorials - List of tutorials that have been posted on BlenderNation
- Blender3d Club - Includes links to various Blender tutorials
- SurfnLearn.com : Blender 3D Tutorials - Links to various Blender Tutorials
- Learningblender.com - Categorized links to various Blender Tutorials
These sites include tutorials that use Blender versions prior 2.5.
- Dave Jarvis' Blender Tutorials - Free tutorials using Blender 2.4x
- Kator Legaz - List at bottom includes a couple Blender tutorials
- BlenderMasters - Links to tutorials and some embedded YouTube tutorials. All 2.4x and older.
- Selleri (Link removed, because it is harmful nowadays) - Handful of tutorials on a very old version of Blender.
- Cogfilms Tutorials - PDF downloads of tutorials in 2.4x
- Pavaler.se - A couple of tutorials on modeling and animation.
- Blender Basics: 2 Minute Tutorials - The Interface
- Blender Interface Theme Repository
- Basic Editing
- Blender Hotkeys
- Changing Views
- First Impression
- Getting Started
- Video - DupliVerts Tutorial
- How to solve Blender's smoothing problems: discussion about smoothing strategies: Smooth/Solid, Auto Smooth, EdgeSplit modifier...
- Extrusion Controlled by IPO
- Basic objects
- Modeling Techniques and Strategies
- Easily Remove Orphan Edges and Vertices
- Non-destructive bevel effect
Nurbs and Subsurface Modeling
Modeling Specific Objects
- Wooden Crate
- Leaf Shader
- Sears-Roebuck Dairy Barn
- Golf Ball
- Celtic Knot
- Quick and Easy Tree
- Ice Cube (pdf tutorial)
- Water I (Link removed, because it is harmful nowadays) (pdf tutorial)
- Water II (Link removed, because it is harmful nowadays) (pdf tutorial)
- Die with round corners
- Cutting through steel
- Landscape Cartoon (Link removed, because it is harmful nowadays) (pdf tutorial)
- Hair Tutorial
- Wikipedia: Human Body Proportions
- Video - Basic Materials
- Making a Lightsaber with Halos
- The Unofficial Texturing Tutorial
- Material Indice Tutorial
- Transparency and Refraction
- Texturing landscapes according to slopes
- Using Texture Stencils
- Textures with Alpha
- Textures with Bumpmapping
- 2 Minute Tutorial: Blender Basics - UV Mapping (Project from View)
- Video - UV Mapping
- UV Mapping & Texturing
- Complex material for a sword
- Video - Changing Colors Of Objects Mid Animation
- animating masks for simulating ice freeze
- Animated Procedural Textures (pdf tutorial)
2D Texture Painting Techniques
These tutorials do not directly involve Blender, however they cover useful 2D knowledge for advanced Blender users.
- Steven Stahlberg's Tutorials * exposed
- Fixing Lighting Irregulaties in Self-Tiling Maps
- Texturing with Gimp
Lighting, Shadows and Rendering
- 2 Minute Tutorials: Blender Basics - An Outline of Lighting and Rendering in Cycles
- Basic 3 Point Lighting
- Radiosity I
- Radiosity II
- Ramp Shaders
- Simulating Radiosity
- Ambient Occlusion
- Soft Shadows and Area Lights
- Soft Lights (Link removed, because it is harmful nowadays)(pdf tutorial)
- Blender's Mist
- Video - Animation Basics
- Simple Animations
- Walking Blues
- Non Linear Action Editor - NLA I
- Non Linear Action Editor - NLA II
Armatures and IK
- Video - Basic Armatures
- Dancing Flor * exposed
- Animation Workshop II * exposed
- Animation recode project
- Action Constraints tutorial made easy
- Driven Hand Rig
- Constrained Mechanics
- Ikas Blender 3D - Introduction
- Video - Particle Basics
- Video - Grass with Particles
- Video - Explosions with Particles and the Explode Modifier
- Particle Interaction
- Static Particles
- Making a Rain Effect
- Setting a prey-predator relationship using Boids particles
- Particle and field basics
- Video - Blender Game Engine Basics
- Video - Making Dominoes
- Game Engine Development
- New fully integrated game engine?
- Walkthrough Tutorial
- Mouse Look 1st Person. Options include capping, invert mouse pitch and adjust mouse sensitivity.
- Viewports. Creating a split screen.
- Python game functions. Sample Code Included. Updated to 2.48
- Car Setup. Use Bullet Physics vehicle wrapper.
- Python scripting for the Game Engine at cgmasters.net.
- Python scripting series of tutorials
Python and Plugins
- Povanim Export Script
- AI Path Importer
- 3D-No Plugins; Put your 3D Blender space on web!
- Randomizer Script Scroll down the page
- Different Useful Scripts (Link removed, because it is harmful nowadays )
- Lsystem tree maker
- Python API Introduction
- Python API, Making a Square Mesh
- Python API, Iterations
- Python API, Automating Vertex Creation
- Python API, Automating Face Creation
- Python API, Making Potatoid
- Python Script, To build an Empty for EnvMap
- Python Script, Bezier Curves Import
- Python Script, Paths import
- Python Script, Importing Adobe Illustrator Format
- Python Script, Mesh Explosion
- Python Script, Level Of Detail
- Python Script, Wire Shadows and extrusions
- Python Script, Changing the active camera instantly
- Using the Superficial Scattering Script
- City Block Genarator
- Blender Camera Calibration with Live Camera
- Mesh shaker and tutorial
- Batch STL
- Vertices to a Curve Converter
- Zutils, Z-Buffer Utilities
- SPE - Python IDE for Blender
- Wings 3D Subdivision Modeler
- Verse Gimp-Blender Plugin
- Kerkythea Renderer
- Equinox 3D
- Povray export
- Adobe Illustrator Paths import
- Inkscape SVG import
- Voodoo Camera Tracker
- Lionhead The Movies
- Blender 3D: Blending Into Python
- Blender 3D: HotKeys
- Blender 3D: Import and Render a SolidWorks Model
- Blender 3D: MemoBook * exposed
- Blender 3D: Noob to Pro
- Blender FAQ (Generated on September 24, 2001)
These are must reads for CG artists.
Please read more about on talk page.
This links list is language filtered and extended version of personal collection originally provided by IamInnocent. So if you looking for tutorials in other languages check this link at www.elYsiun.com.
- German Blenders should have a look at http://de.wikibooks.org/wiki/Blender_3D:_Tutorial_Linkliste
If you want to add Blender tutorial link in some other language you can add it temporary on talk page. We will later made such WikiBooks in other languages too.
Thank you all who contributed to this nice and useful links collection! Feel free to add your name or link if you think you need to be mentioned here.