Beginner's Guide to Adobe Flash/Interface/Panels
The Tools menu is probably the most used panel in Flash. In it are the tools needed to manipulate items on the stage. It can also be used to do actions on the timeline.
Here are the main tools and their uses;
- Selection Tool (v) - Selecting whole objects and moving them.
- Subselection Tool - Selecting partial objects.
- Line Tool - Drawing straight lines.
- Lasso Tool - Selecting irregular shaped pieces of an object
- Pen Tool - Drawing non-straight and curved lines.
- Text Tool (t) - Inputting a textbox onto the stage.
- Oval Tool - Drawing oval and circle shapes. (Drag + Holding Shift = Circles)
- Shape Tool - By default draws rectangles. (Drag + Holding Shift = Squares)
- Pencil Tool - Free drawing thin lines.
- Brush Tool- Free drawing brush shapes.
- Free Transform - Scale, rotate, and skew an object.
- Fill Transform - Distort the gradient fill of an object.
- Stroke Tool - Change the color and size of a stroke.
- Fill Tool - Change the color of a fill.
- Eyedropper - Sample a color from the stage.
- Eraser - Use a brush to erase parts of an object.
- Hand Tool - Move the stage around if it is not all visible.
- Zoom - Zoom in or out.
The properties panel is used to modify the characteristics of pre-existing objects on stage.
Components, Inspector, ...