Astro and Safari Maintenance and Repair/Routine Maintenance
Jump to navigation Jump to search
GENERAL MOTORS SERVICE SCHEDULE FOR CARS & TRUCKS
Service outside the GM service schedule
If the service history of the vehicle is unknown or if you like to give your van that extra care you can do maintenance outside the GM service schedule.
Under the doghouse
- Change spark plugs, wires, cap, rotor and coil. Use dielectric grease on both ends of the ignition wires, inside the cap on the button and the coil wires - both ends. To protect the wires you could route them through wire looms.
- Change PCV valve.
- Check vacuum lines and elbows.
- Check the condition of the rear intake to head gasket.
- When you attach the splash guards, use new plug in holders.
- Clean the throttle body
- Check to make sure that all of the bolts are tight including the distributor, the back of the alternator, and everything around the throttle body.
Under the bonnet
- Change air filter.
- Change the EGR gasket to a universal GM clean screen EGR valve gasket