Animating Weapons for Counter-Strike Source/Rigging the Hands
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Note: You can skip rigging the hands by downloading the following files:
Rigging the Model
Purpose: To be able to control a specific set of vertices when animating.
- Open XSI Mod Tool 4.2
- Go to ValveSource>Import SMD
- Check the import materials box.
- Open up the hands file. (It is usually found in the folder of the decompiled default model.)
- If you don't see a hands file, you will have to decompile a different weapon and used that weapon's hands_reference.smd file.
- On the right hand side of XSI Mod Tool, click Scene.
- Navigate through the hierarchy starting at v_weapon until you find a gun name followed by parent. (such as xm1014_parent)
- Right click the parent object and press delete on the keyboard.
Explanation: This gets rid of duplicate bones since you do not want them in your rig.
- Go to File>Save As and save your file in your folder as css-[projectname]-part1.exp