Agriculture/History of farming
History of agriculture in Africa Ten thousand years ago people lived in small groups
- the groups further developed into towns,cities and villages
- early people were hunters and gatherers
- they hunted wildlife and gathered fruits and berries
- later on people began to domesticate animals
- Domestication is the process whereby animals began to live with people for their survival
- onwards people began to cultivate crops for food
SHIFTING CULTIVATION this is the system of cultivation whereby people moved from place to place into search of good soils(fertile soil) _Later, they practised sedentary farming whereby people cultivated on the same piece of land (settled) Pastoralism is the activity done by early farmers whereby they move from place to place into search of good pastures. This developed into modern agriculture of today eg cashcrop and animal rearing into Zimbabwe!!!
| This page or section is an undeveloped draft or outline.
You can help to develop the work, or you can ask for assistance in the project room.