From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp shortening
- 2/3 cup hot water
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- Use a pastry blender (or two butter knives) to cut the shortening into the flour.
- Add the hot water and mix until the water is incorporated.
- Turn out the dough on a lightly floured board.
- Knead the dough until it is soft and smooth.
- Wrap the dough in plastic and let the dough rest for 30 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 6 pieces, roll each into a ball, and roll into flat discs with a rolling pin.
- Brush one side of each disc with melted margarine and place on a barbecue over a 3 Mississippi fire.
- Brush the opposing side of the bread with margarine and flip the bread on the barbecue.
- Cook until both sides are golden brown. Serve hot.