Adventist Youth Honors Answer Book/Household Arts/Dressmaking - Advanced
From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
|Dressmaking - Advanced|
|Skill Level 2|
|Year of Introduction: 1956|
- 1 1. Have the Dressmaking Honor.
- 2 2. Do the following: sew a seam with finished edges, make darts, gather, bind, top stitch, and make a French seam.
- 3 3. Make a neat buttonhole.
- 4 4. Demonstrate on another person how to measure for length of skirt and pant, length of sleeve, and length from neck to waistline.
- 5 5. Make a blouse or shirt with set-in sleeve and a collar, and explain how you would adjust the shoulders for persons of different build.
- 6 6. Explain how to make at least four of the following alterations or modifications in patterns: shorten/lengthen waist, shorten/lengthen sleeve, waist size, shorten/lengthen skirt or pants, and shorten/lengthen blouse.
- 7 7. Make a pair of pants or shorts that fit properly.
- 8 8. Make a skirt that fits properly.
- 9 9. Select from pictures or draw an outfit for yourself that shows proper color harmony and is complementary to your figure.
- 10 References