- 1 Objective
- 2 What You Should Already Know
- 3 Contents
- 3.1 Introduction to Statics
- 3.2 Preliminary Principles
- 3.3 Forces
- 3.4 Resultants of Force Systems
- 3.5 Rigid Body Equilibrium
- 3.6 Structural Analysis
- 3.7 Internal Forces
- 3.8 Moment of Inertia
- 3.9 Center of Gravity and Centroid
- 3.10 Quizzes and Tests
- 3.11 References
- 3.12 Acknowledgements and Further Reading
- 4 Printable Version
By the end of this course, you should understand the fundamentals of forces and moments, and be able to solve equilibrium problems for rigid (non-deformable) bodies in both two and three dimensions.
What You Should Already Know
In order to completely comprehend the material in this course, you should have a firm understanding of all math leading up to Calculus III. Also, an understanding of basic physics as well as technical sketching is useful.
There is a printable version of this book.