TI-Basic Z80 Programming
This book covers the Z80 processor's version of TI-BASIC.
TI-BASIC is a simple programming language used on Texas Instruments (TI) graphing calculators. The language is quite simple, and integrates many normal graphing calculator commands (such as storing variables or graphing) into its code.
TI-BASIC is very easy to program, especially when it is compared with Assembly, which is the main other language that can be used to program TI graphing calculators. Also, programs written in TI-BASIC can have small filesizes, since common functions can be programmed with just one character (1-2 bytes), such as "If " or "Menu(". However, this makes execution of TI-BASIC programs very slow. because the calculator must read through and parse each line of code in a TI-BASIC program and then translate it into Assembly before actually executing it. Despite the crawling speed of TI-BASIC, it is appropriate for many simple programs.
Versions of TI-BASIC
There are two main versions of TI-BASIC in use today:
- The TI-BASIC that comes with the TI-89, TI 89 Titanium, TI-92, TI-92 Plus and Voyage 200 calculators. This is the more powerful version of TI-BASIC.
- The TI-BASIC that comes with the TI-83, TI-83+, TI-83+ Silver Edition, TI-84+ and TI-84+ Silver Edition calculators. This is a less powerful version of TI-BASIC, but is still fairly versatile.
Please note that within these two versions of TI-BASIC there are slight variations.
Table of Contents
This table of contents arranges the sections in the best order possible for those who are trying to learn the language. However, if you already are familiar with TI-BASIC, you may decide to skip certain sections.
- Necessary Items
- Hello, World!
- Basic Variables (Numbers, Strings, and Lists)
- Program Basics
- Advanced Variables (Characters, Equations, Matrices, Pictures, and Graph Databases)
- Criteria Based Instructions (If, Then, Else, While & End)
- Other CTL and I/O Commands
- Error Messages
- Tips, Tricks and Optimizations
- Advanced Programming
- Programming Games
- Mathematical Finance Programming
- Appendix A: List of Commands
- Appendix B: Catalog
- TI-Basic Developer
- http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/391/39193.html TI-83+/84+ BASIC Programming Tutorials
Learning and Programming TI-BASIC
Here are the manuals that come with TI calculators from the Texas Instruments website, which can be used to learn TI-BASIC.