Parallel Spectral Numerical Methods/Style Guide and Contributors
This wikibook is based on the text Parallel Spectral Numerical Methods by Gong Chen, Brandon Cloutier, Ning Li, Benson K. Muite and Paul Rigge - with contributions from Sudarshan Balakrishnan, Andre Souza and Jeremy West.
The original text (including LaTeX source code and programs) is available at
Please follow the style guide. Changes to the guide should be proposed on the discussion page for agreement of consensus between contributors.
- This books is written in American English.
- While the book tries to be self-contained, references and links outside of wikibooks are encouraged for lengthy explanations, alternative explanations and papers.
- The book is primarily about collocation methods.
- Equations and figures that are referenced in the text should be labelled.
- Each chapter of the book should have its own reference section.
- Example programs are strongly recommended. The primary languages used thus far are Matlab, Python and Fortran; however additions in other languages such as UPC, C, C++, Chapel, OpenCL are welcome.
- Equations, figures and example programs are numbered using templates which are documented here []. Equations are numbered with Hindu-Arabic European numerals, figures are numbered with Roman numerals and code is numbered with letters.
If you've made a contribution and wish to be recognized, add your name below: