The PSP Homebrew community was one of the most dynamic and successful modding initiatives in the history of consumer electronics. It went from a small operation to bring out the most of the first affordable mobile computing device, and managed to rescue exploit after exploit from the jaws of defeat.
Yet now, their achievements are stuck in obscurity, disappearing under the curses of code and link rot. We need to save, restore, and liquidate what we can salvage from the ruins of the forums and the bottomless depths of the file archives.
- Terminology - We use a ton of new terminology when working with the PSP.
- Translation Projects - One of the major attractions of the PSP are it's wealth of popular Japanese games and visual novels; few of which have been released in English-speaking countries. Some crafty people have taken up translation projects to bring the experience over the language barrier.
- vsrecommendedgames.wikia. com/wiki/PlayStation_Portable - List of Recommended PSP Games - Can't decide on which PSP game to get? We think it's a good idea for 4chan's /v/ to decide for you!
- [/Pandora Battery CFW/] - In the olden days, custom firmware was installed with the use of a specially-hacked Pandora's Battery. It was like magic.
- Old Exploit Guides - Once, these exploits were supreme technological achievements of their day. Now it's little more than nostalgia.
The majority of this guide would not exist without the effort of the major PSP devs and guidemakers out there. All credits go to them, with only a few portions to Antonizoon (myself), who organized them into a one stop shop and cleaned up the typos.