Movie Making Manual/perf
From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
This Module is part of the Movie Making Manual
- Previously known as "Techniscope"
- THX 1138 was shot in Techniscope.
- Natively 2.35:1 aspect ratio
- Uses half as much film as 4-perf
- Is difficult to find cameras and telecine facilities
- The cut for 4:3 TV is radical because there's no top and bottom to expand into
- The new, fine-grained stocks make 2-perf very attractive
- Be very careful about hairs in the gate and lens flare because there's almost no frame line
- Tough to optically print but it can be done (e.g. Multivision235)