Microsoft Certified Professional Developer/Exam 70-528/Web-Based Client Development/Manage connections and transactions of databases
From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
- 1 Configure a connection to a database graphically by using the Connection Wizard.
- 2 Configure a connection by using Server Explorer.
- 3 Configure a connection to a database by using the connection class.
- 4 Connect to a database by using specific database connection objects.
- 5 Enumerate through instances of Microsoft SQL Server by using the DbProviderFactories.GetFactoryClasses method.
- 6 Open a connection by using the Open method of a connection object.
- 7 Close a connection by using the connection object.
- 8 Secure a connection to protect access to your data source.
- 9 Create a connection designed for reuse in a connection pool.
- 10 Control connection pooling by configuring ConnectionString values based on database type.
- 11 Use connection events to detect database information.
- 12 Handle connection exceptions when connecting to a database.
- 13 Perform transactions by using the ADO.NET Transaction object.