Mathematics Worksheet/Social Arithmetic/Loss and Profit
From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
Do the following story problems carefully. (15 questions)
- A television is sold at a price of $960. If you get a 25% profit, determine the buying price.
- Mr. Bayu buys a car at a price of $5000. Because the car is broken he sells it, getting a price of $8000. Does he suffer a profit or a loss? Determine the percentage of his profit or loss.
- Mrs. Katie buys a calculator with a price of $86. She sells it for a profit of 18,5%. Determine the sale price for the calculator.
- Mrs. Grace sells a necklace priced $360. She get a profit of 15%. How much did Mrs. Grace buy the necklace?
- Mr. Gani buys a horse for $180. Because the horse is sick, he sells it at a price of $135. Determine the percentage of his loss.
- Shrill Investments buy 100 shares at $40. A day later they sell half of them at $50. The remainder are sold today at a price of $35. What profit do they make?
||A reader has identified this page or section as an undeveloped draft or outline.
You can help to develop the work, or you can ask for assistance in the project room.