Laboratory Safety/Emergency Procedure
From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
- When instructed, leave the lab immediately.
- pull the fire alarm as you exit and make sure to close the door. Most labs are designed to keep the fire inside and prevent it from spreading.
- Do not use elevators. Always use stairs.
- Go to the previously discussed evacuation zone.
- Once in safety, call 911 for assistance
- In case of an earthquake, take shelter under the desk and move away from hazardous materials
Kennedy, Shelia, and John Palmer. Chemistry Lab Safety Manual. UCSD, 2010. eBook.