Japanese/Basic Japanese/Answers/Lesson 1
From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
- 初めまして should only be used when talking to someone you are meeting for the first time.
- どうぞ よろしく means "Please favor me with your friendship" though it is usually loosely translated to "Pleased to meet you" or "Nice to meet you"
- No. The correct sentence should be "私は田中です". さん is an honorific suffix applied to others. It cannot be applied to oneself.
- When meeting someone for the first time, it is common to say "初めまして、___ です。 どうぞ よろしく。"
- To introduce someone to another person, "こちら は ___さん です。" can be said.