Introduction to Psychology/Child and Adolescent Psychology/Biological Theories
From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
- ethology - evolutionary adaptability of behaviors - Konrad Lorenz and Niko Tinbergen
- Systems Theories
- Urie Bronfenbrenner - ecological systems theory, layers of influential systems
- Microsystem- direct interactions with people in immediate environment
- Mesosystem- elements in larger social environment (school, neighborhood, day care).
- Exosystem- larger social networks (extended family, government).
- Macrosystem- cultural customs, values, and laws.
- Chronosystem- how all of these systems can change over time, shifting all systems