grsecurity is a set of patches for the Linux kernel with an emphasis on enhancing security. It allows the system administrator to, among other things, define a least privilege policy for the system, in which every process and user have only the lowest privileges needed to function.
This book is intended as a comprehensive up-to-date user guide about setting up and administrating a grsecurity-enabled system.
- Obtaining Required Components
- Configuring and Installing grsecurity
- The Administration Utility (gradm)
- Additional Utilities
- Runtime Configuration Through sysctl
- The RBAC System in grsecurity
- Show full list / Add Application
- ATI Catalyst (fglrx)
- Role Modes
- Role Attributes
- Subject Modes
- Subject Attributes
- Object Modes
- PaX Flags
- Capability Names and Descriptions
- System Resources
- Sysctl Options (slightly out of date as of July, 2013)
- Sysctl Options (new format & up-to-date)
Credits and Permissions
See Credits and Permissions for details about copyright and references of this document.