||First Aid is a featured book on Wikibooks because it contains substantial content, it is well-formatted, and the Wikibooks community has decided to feature it on the main page or in other places. Please continue to improve it and thanks for the great work so far! You can edit its advertisement template.|
This book covers in depth all topics required for a standard first aid course, and also includes a section on advanced topics. The basics covered include:
- Primary assessment and CPR
- Legal aspects of first aid, including negligence and consent
- Circulatory emergencies, such as bleeding, heart attack and stroke
- Respiratory emergencies, such as asthma and anaphylactic shock
- Internal injuries, such as broken bones, chest injuries, and internal bleeding
- Burns, seizures and other medical conditions
In the chapter on advanced topics, you'll find information about oxygen administration and airway management; AED operation and wilderness techniques; additional assessments and triage.
The intended audience is taking a first aid course from a certified instructor, and can read at a high school level. Please be advised that there are some images of the injuries and conditions discussed.
This is a wiki, so you can edit this book; and if you find a mistake, then please be bold and fix it. If you want to leave comments, please do so on the talk page for that module. If you want to help out even more, take a look through What needs to be done? for tasks that still need to be done, or start with whatever tasks you stumble across.
Table of Contents