Creative Writing in the EFL Classroom/Teaching Ideas/Creating a Story from Photos/Pictures
From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
Creating a Story from Photos/Pictures
- Level: Beginners to Advanced Learners
- Aim: To create a story using pictures/photos
- Rationale: A picture tells stories. There are stories within stories. Pictures or photos are effective materials that can help students create stories and apply their imagination.
We can create a story based on pictures or photographs.
- Materials: Notebook or note pad, pencils or pens, photos or pictures from printed materials such newspapers or magazines
- Prepare photos or pictures.
- Ask students to construct a story based on the stimuli (pictures)
- Plots or words may be provided to support their writing
- Share the story with other students.
This activity can be modified to cover other skills.