Cookbook:Ultimate Kahlua Brownies
I accidentally spilled some coffee liqueur on a brownie I was about to eat, and when I tried it it was heavenly. That is how I came up with this dish.
- 4 brownie squares, 6x6 and 1 1/4 inch thick
- 1/2 cup coffee liqueur
- Warm hot fudge topping, poured into a squirt bottle
- 4 scoops vanilla ice cream
- Mixed nut topping (optional)
- Mint sprigs, for garnish
- Sweetened whipped cream
- Place 1 square on a microwave safe plate and microwave on high 20 seconds or until desired warmth. Repeat with next 4 squares.
- Slowly bring liqueur to a boil in a pan over low heat. Drizzle evenly over brownie squares.
- Place a scoop of ice cream on each square and top with a good amount of whipped cream. Drizzle the whole thing with hot fudge and sprinkle with nut topping, if using.
- Garnish with mint sprigs, if desired. Serve immediately.
Notes, Tips, and Variations
Walnut brownies work very well in this dish.
Don't try to speed up the liqueur by raising the heat. If you're working on an open-flame stovetop, that could result in something that is red and burns taking over your house.