From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
- 500 gm (1 lb) fresh trimmed rhubarb
- 75 gm (3 oz) caster sugar
- 2 tbsps water
- 150 gm (6 oz) self-raising flour
- 75 gm (3 oz) butter
- 100 gm (4 oz) brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 190C/375F/gas mark 5.
- Cut the rhubarb into pieces and stew for a short time with the caster sugar and water until tender.
- While the rhubarb is stewing, in a bowl mix the flour & butter until it resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Stir in the brown sugar.
- Place the cooked rhubarb in a deep pie dish (1 lt / 2 pt).
- Spoon over the crumble topping and spread out evenly
- Cook crumble for about 25 mins until the crumble is golden brown.