Cookbook:Red and White Onion Tapenade
From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
- Prep. Time: 10 min.
- Cook Time: 0 min.
- Yield: 1 and 1/3 cups
- 1 garlic clove
- 6 ounces (160g) pitted Kalamata olives
- 1/3 cup Gill's chopped white onions
- 1/3 cup Gill's chopped red onions
- 2 tablespoons capers, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Toasted baguette or rustic bread slices
- In food processor with motor running, drop in garlic and chop. Turn off motor and add olives, onions, capers, lemon peel and thyme. Pulse to chop to coarse consistency.
- Add olive oil and pulse to just blend keeping texture in mixture.
- Serve with toasted baguette or rustic bread slices.