From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
- Persian Rice With Savory Pistachio Sauce
- 1 ½ cups basmati brown rice
- 3 ¾ cups water
- 1 ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup currants
- Sautéed vegetables as required
- 1 cup raw, unsalted pistachios ground
- 3 cups unsweetened soy milk
- 1 ¼ teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Heat milk and simmer while stirring in pistachios until it thickens.
- Season with salt and pepper
- Persian rice
- Cook rice with water and salt added
- Add currants when almost cooked
- Serve in a mound on plates leaving 1" border of rice around the edges
- Top with sautéed vegetables
- Pour over with some of the pistachio sauce.
- Garnish with chopped pistachios and currants.
- Serve the remainder of the sauce in a gravy dish and bring to the table.