From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
Mirchi (Green peppers) Bhajji, are fried stuffed peppers.
- 11-17 long green peppers.
- 1½ cup (360g) gram flour (besan)
- 1 tbsp. rice flour
- 6-7 green chilis, finely chopped
- 1 T coriander leaves finely chopped
- 2 T hot oil
- Salt to taste
- Oil to deep fry
- Slit 5-10 of the peppers, preferably the longest and fattest.
- Mix salt and gram flour.
- Stuff the slit peppers with this mixture.
- Keep aside for 15-20 minutes.
- Mix all other dry ingredients.
- Heat oil.
- Dip each green pepper into this mixture gently to coat it.
- Deep fry on med. heat until golden brown.
- Drain on kitchen paper to remove excess oil.
- Serve hot with chutney or ketchup.
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Makes 5-10 bhajjies, best served fresh.