Cookbook:Garlic Lemon Chicken
From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
Cookbook recipe for Garlic Lemon Chicken.
- For the Chicken
- For the 'toom' (Arabic for garlic)
- Blend the lemon juice, garlic, salt, pepper, basil and cayenne pepper to make the marinade.
- Put the chicken breasts in a deep pan and pour the marinade over it
- Cover and sit all night. In the morning, flip the chicken to the other side.
- At noon drain the liquid from the pan and cook in a preheated oven at 375°F (190°C) for 10-15 minutes (not to cook, only to brown)
- Once finished, pour the marinade over the browned chicken, tightly cover the pan with tin foil (don't burn your fingers) and put back in the oven. Set the oven to 250°F (120°C)
- Baste at 1pm, 2pm and 3pm.
- At 4pm, add the sliced potatoes to the pot, baste everything, and recover with tin foil.
- Put back in the oven for another hour.
- Once the above step is finished, blend all of the ingredients for the toom together.
At 5pm, dinner's ready.
The trick is not in complicated ingredients - it is the slow cooking and lemon/garlic marinade.
Use the toom as a condiment for the chicken and potatoes.
Serve with warm pita bread.