Fried rice is a simple dish that is easily modified and can be prepared in as little as five minutes. You may choose which ingredients to use and how much to use. Ingredients can be substituted and leftovers work great!
- Rice (Leftover rice that has been left refrigerated works well)
- Soy sauce
- Fried Tofu
- Spring onions
- Bean sprouts
- Bok choy
- Black Pepper
- Pineapple and sweetcorn
- Egg (exclude for vegans)
Meat (optional) 
Optionally, meat can be included. Leftovers work here too.
- Char siu (Chinese barbecue pork)
- Marinated beef
- seafood (add curry powder for curry flavor)
Prepare Ingredients 
- If using tofu, cook it.
- Cook the rice as you normally would, but be careful not to use too much water. The rice should not be too sticky. It may help to let the cooked rice sit overnight in the refrigerator.
- If using onions, dice them into whatever size you prefer.
- If using bok choy, separate the stalk part from the leaf part. Slice the leaf part crosswise into 3/4-inch-thick strips, then tear the strips into 2-inch pieces. These pieces will be treated much like the bean sprouts, though perhaps with slightly more cooking. The stalk part will be treated as celery.
- If using bean sprouts, wash them and discard any that are not white and crunchy.
- If using meat, slice into desired sized pieces and cook.
- Add a generous amount of oil to a large frying pan, more than you think you'd need to avoid sticking. If using a type of sausage or other excessively fatty meat, not as much oil may be needed because of the amount of fat.
- Add the rice. Cook over the stove on medium high to high heat.
- Add the soy sauce, meat(s), eggs, and all vegetables save for the onions and bean sprouts.
- Add pepper, a pinch or two of sugar, and optionally some added salt.
- Add the tofu, bean sprouts, and onion when the rice is almost done (depending on how fried you want them) being careful not to overcook them.