Seafood is derived from aquatic animals, such as fish, mollusks, and crustaceans. These animals provide protein in many diets around the world. The harvesting of seafood is called "fishing. "
It is also a term used for the aquatic ingredients i.e. the shrimp, in such foods.
Types of seafood
- Ceviche of Shrimp and Sea Bass
- San Francisco style Scallop Ceviche
- Fish Fingers usually made of Cod or Haddock
- Kipper (smoked herring)
- Streamed Fish
- Seafood Kebabs with Zhoug Sauce
Additional seafood recipes can be found in the various seafood pages.
- The Monterey Bay Aquarium's Seafood Watch Program offers suggestions on what seafood to choose based on environmental impact and fishery health.